RACQ members receive 15% off Ekka tickets when pre-purchased online.
RACQ members save 15% on one day Ekka tickets
Step right up! The Ekka’s rolling into town!
For thrills and spills, cosy cuddles and jamming to live beats; fashion shows, dagwood dogs and strawberry sundae sweets – you can enjoy it all at the 2018 Ekka.
The Ekka celebrates the juxtaposition of rural and urban with experiences to delight both the young and old. Held over 10 days from 10 – 19 August 2018, this heart-pumping playground will thrive day and night, giving you the best of Queensland’s largest annual show.
It’s time to experience the 2018 Ekka.
Enjoy 15% off your one day Ekka tickets every day when you buy your pass online or at your closest RACQ branch.
Plus purchase your tickets during the month of June and go into the draw to win!
- 2 night stay for 2 people at FV by Peppers including breakfast
- $2,000 Puma fuel voucher
- 4 adult passes to the 2018 Ekka
When you’re visiting the Ekka stop by the RACQ Clubhouse. Get some freebies, print a personalised name plate, learn about the club and take some snaps in our photo booth. You can also meet our friendly team helping out in the RACQ Animal Nursery on show day.
See you there!
Terms and conditions
Starts Friday 10th August up to Sunday 19th August 2018 from 9am -8pm.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher and barcoded ticket will be received at time of purchase.
- Upon completion of your purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of your Ekka entry. You will not gain entry without your printed out ticket.
- No refunds will be available under any circumstances once you have purchased your ticket.
- For the concession price, Student and Pensioner cards must be presented along with your ticket upon entry. Accepted concession cards are; Centrelink AGE Pension Card, Centrelink Disability Card, Seniors Card, Veterans Affairs Card & Gold Card, Secondary Student Card, Full-time Tertiary Student Card and Centrelink Pensioner Card. Centrelink Carer Cards and Companion Cards receive FREE entry if accompanying a disabled person (one carer per person).
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland who are current RACQ members when the competition is drawn. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 12am on Friday, June 1, 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on Saturday, June 30, 2018.
7. Eligible entrants are entered into this competition automatically when they pre-purchase any Ekka ticket online, instore or over the phone between Friday, June 1 - Saturday, June 30, 2018.
8. Only one entry per transaction is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to the winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. The competition will be drawn by RACQ Lifestyle at 3pm on Monday July 2, 2018 at RACQ Head Office, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains.
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be one (1) winner in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. If the Major Prize Winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter will award the prize to the Major Prize Winner’s parent or guardian, and that parent or guardian must book the travel on the Major Prize Winner’s behalf.
14. The winner will receive an Ekka prize pack, valued at up to $2610 (including GST). FV by Peppers accommodation and breakfast value is based on a 2-night stay in a 1-bedroom apartment with continental breakfast each day for two people ($470). Ekka tickets are based on the value of 4x adult tickets to the Ekka (RRP $140).
The prize includes:
• Two nights’ accommodation for two people at FV by Peppers plus continental breakfast each day
• One day entry for four people to Ekka
• $2000 Puma fuel voucher
15. Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter.
16. The Ekka tickets must be taken by August 19, 2018. The accommodation must be taken by May 10, 2019 and the prize winner and their nominated companion must visit/stay together on the specified dates chosen by the winner. Accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking. Availability excludes high season, school holidays and public holidays. Some block-out dates apply. All upgrades/extras are payable at time of booking. Voucher is not redeemable for cash. Unused portions are not refundable. Voucher must be presented at time of check-in.
17. The winner will be notified using the contact details provided on their RACQ membership and will be firstly notified by telephone. The prize will be posted to the address provided by the winner when contacted by RACQ staff.
18. If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held by RACQ Lifestyle on July 16, 2018 at RACQ Head Office, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains and the redraw winner will be notified using the details provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
19. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. Should the winner change their nominated stay dates at FV by Peppers after booking, the winner shall be responsible for any additional costs or fees associated with the change of their nominated dates. All costs associated with the prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s.
21. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited.
23. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
24. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
26. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
27. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
28. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
29. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
30. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
31. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
32. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.