Save $50 on Master Check and Mobile Check Inspections
Whether you want to purchase a used car or are about to hit the open road, get an RACQ vehicle inspection for greater peace of mind.
A comprehensive vehicle inspection will reveal any potentially serious or costly faults in a used vehicle. These are things that a basic Safety Certificate inspection won’t identify.
RACQ can carry out a range of vehicle inspections – from master checks through to spot checks. Our qualified professionals will find and assess flaws and let you know what sort of repairs you’d be up against. Using our hand-held computer, we compile the report as we go – and take photos along the way – and can then send it to you via post, email or fax.
To book a vehicle inspection, send us an enquiry online or call us on 13 1905.
- Competitive rates
- Qualified inspectors
- Written report (including photos)
- Existing and potential faults
- Range of inspections available
Visit racq.com/vehicleinspections or call 13 19 05, 24 hours every day.
Terms and conditions
- Advertised saving is off non-member pricing
- Advertised saving is applicable to specific mobile check services.
- You must show your free2go card or quote membership number at time of booking
- Your Vehicle Inspection Report can only relate to the condition of the vehicle at the time of the inspection.
- Some vehicles may only be inspected in our workshop due to vehicle difficulty, inspection location difficulty and safety requirements.
- There are some vehicles that we either cannot inspect, or for which only a limited inspection can be carried out. This might be because of limited access, level of complexity, or specialised tools and equipment required. We will attempt to advise where this might occur prior to conducting a vehicle inspection and this will be recorded in the Vehicle Inspection Report.
- Our vehicle inspection is based on the external examination of vehicle components. Due to the time and cost involved, it is not feasible for us to dismantle component assemblies to measure internal parts. These are evaluated by such factors as noise, operation and performance on the road test. If you wish to have an inspection of internal parts undertaken you will need to contact a different service provider and arrange for them to undertake that inspection. We do not provide this service.
- Our inspectors will carry out a visual and operating inspection, and check the general state of the vehicle at the time of the inspection.
- A road test of approximately 8km to test steering, suspension, brake operation, engine and driveline operation.
- Some faults do not become evident unless higher speeds are tested or achieved (e.g. wheel bearings)
- All Products listed may not be available in all areas.
- Our vehicle inspection will not tell you everything you need to know about the vehicle.
- The Vehicle Inspection Report will not tell you about hidden and concealed defects, intermittent problems not apparent at the time of inspection, problems which cannot be identified on a visual inspection or unless parts of the vehicle are dismantled, or which become manifest after inspection.
- We do not remove fixed items such as Baby seats and Seat covers during the inspection.
- The inspection may not test the engine through the full operating temperature range of the engine, therefore some issues which are only evident when cold may not be detectable when the engine is presented hot.
- Any documents with the vehicle, such as the vehicle service records, vehicle manual, damage reports and repair records, are not inspected. We do not prepare those documents or verify their accuracy and so will not be making any assessment as to whether their contents are accurate.
- Vehicles with a transmission not designed for full time 4WD are not driven in 4WD to avoid risking damage to the vehicle drive train.
The Vehicle Inspection Report
- All items in the inspection checklist are evaluated along with those requested by you and agreed by us at the time of the booking.
- Only defects detectable at the time of the inspection are reported.
- We will provide our professional opinion of the overall condition of the vehicle for your guidance. You should appreciate a professional opinion is a matter of subjective judgement based on our inspectors’ knowledge and experience, and our professional opinion will assist you in making informed decisions.
- Where the inspection has been requested to assist you in making a decision to purchase a vehicle, you should appreciate that the Vehicle Inspection Report is not a recommendation to purchase, or not purchase, the vehicle. That decision is your own to make, having regard to such matters as you consider relevant.
Risk to Purchaser
- Due to the limitations on the detection and/or analysis of some faults, (those that are internal, concealed or hidden, and/or are not audible within the limitations of our road test) to purchase a vehicle without a warranty from the seller may expose the purchaser to significant risks.
- By its nature, an inspection can only consider the vehicle as at the time of inspection. Defects may arise after the time of the inspection, which defects were not identifiable at the time of inspection.
- A cancellation fee of $20 will apply if the booking is cancelled within 24hours of the original inspection booking.
- IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF THIS REPORT OR OF THE EXISTENCE OF FAULTS RELATING TO THE ITEMS INSPECTED, PLEASE CONTACT OUR MOTORING AND TECHNICAL ADVICE DEPARTMENT ON 36669148 (BRISBANE) OR 1800623456 (REGIONAL) PRIOR TO UNDERTAKING ANY REPAIR WORK OR OTHER COURSE OF ACTION.