Penalties and fines that apply to all licence holders:
- failing to wear a seat belt or driving with a passenger who fails to wear a seatbelt
- driver using a hand-held mobile phone while driving
- disobeying traffic lights or signals
- disobeying stop or give way signs
- using an unroadworthy vehicle
- unnecessary noise or smoke from vehicle
- following too closely to another car
- failing to use headlights appropriately
Planning a road trip? Remember that different road rules apply in different states. Check out our Interstate Driving page for helpful tips when travelling throughout Australia.
For further information about traffic offences and road rules in Queensland, head to the Department of Transport and Main Roads website.